Have terabytes of videos and music on your PC or Mac? Want to watch them on iPhone iPad or Android device anywhere yet stranded by the time-consuming format converting and the limits of iPhone iPad capacity? Dislike Apple’s rigid rule that all files must be synchronized to iOS devices via iTunes?
Fortunately, today streaming video and music from PC/Mac to iPhone, iPad, Android is a simpler and more efficient replacement to the traditional method. There have been varied video streaming apps on the market, both free and paid, but I found Air Playit really incredible and viable.
Air Playit – Streaming Video Audio Anywhere
Released by Digiarty Software, Inc., Air Playit aims to stream all of your video and music files stored on your computer to mobile devices over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G networks. Currently, Air Playit for Apple’s iPhone iPad iPod touch is available, and the version for Google’s Android phone is just around the corner. What’s impressive is that Air Playit can directly stream various video and music to iOS devices without using video converter software. Besides, by the means of streaming over wireless networks, you needn’t worry about your iPhone iPad capacity. That is like: bring all your video and music libraries with you on iPhone iPad over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G networks. Air Playit App comes in two parts: server software for your Mac or PC and the client software for your iPhone or Android.
Another option for you is that you can use Offline Conversion to add conversion task and then download to your iDevices. It’s very convenient and thoughtful for you to view them when you’re not in the range of networks.
- Supports streaming all 1080P/1080i HD videos, such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC and MOD.
- Adjusts video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
- Automated server discovery on local network by Bonjour Service.
- Adds remote server by specifying IP address.
- Supports multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
- Supports regular videos including FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM, MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV .
- Chooses and adjusts default video/audio quality, resolution and FPS for different network connection type including local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G to get the highest video viewing effect.
- Setup permissions to the shared folders. Three permission levels are available: Admin, Kids and Public.
- Resumes downloading at breaking-point. If you already started downloading the video, Air Playit can remember and lets you choose whether to download from where you left off, or to start over.
- Automatically lists the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
- Option to remotely power off your home computer after finishing watching.
- Downloads all compatible Audios videos to Download Library inside iPhone or iPad.
How to Stream Video Music using Air Playit?
To get started, you need to download and install a server on your PC/Mac, then download and install a client either on your iPhone or iPad.
From the server, you can decide which folder to share and who have the authority to access a certain folder.
Then launch the client on your iOS devices. You can add local server to the server list by simply clicking “+”. Also you’re allowed to add remote server by manually input IP address.
Choose one video and hit “Play”. Video streaming is on the go over Wi-Fi, 3G/4G.
Air Playit also supports TV-Out to stream video and music to TV. That will be more enjoyable to watch videos on big screen TV.
To get more about Air Playit you can go here.