There are very common questions among MS (Microsoft) Office users like, “How do I protect my office documents?“, “Is there any way to password lock my MS Office documents for free without any software?” etc. So I was thinking to sharing this nice info with all of you. The new Microsoft office pack comes with tons of features. Even when you need to protect a private office document due to privacy, you don’t need to use any third party tool, locker or application. You may already know I have introduced you with a great, best and free tool to completely lock you computer’s any folder of file. But for a document created with MS Office, don’t need to use any external protector.In this way you will able to lock your all office documents including MS Word, Power-point, Excel, One-note, Outlook etc. Let’s see to do it.
Way to Encrypt a MS Office 2007 or 2010 Files Without Any External Software :
1. Before saving any document of MS office, click on “Tools” menu located at the top left corner on the window. Then from tools menu, go “Prepare” > “Encrypt Document“.
2. Now it will ask you to enter you desired password twice for lock.
3. Then you are done!
Now when you are anyone will try to open or ready that file, it will prompt a box asking him to enter the correct password to unlock that document.
So enjoy this feature that Microsoft Office gives you.
Latest posts by Jaber Al Nahian (see all)
- Prevent Certain Sites form Appearing in Google Search Results without any Browser Extension or Plugin - September 2, 2011
- How to Prevent Google From Saving your Search & Web History not to Get Personalized Search Results - September 2, 2011
- Air Playit – Free Audio & Video Streaming App for iPhone, iPad & Android over Wi-Fi, 3G/4G - August 26, 2011