Most of us try to make our windows outlook more and more nice and beautiful. Today I am going to share the manual ways to change your LogOn screen and make nicer. Actually Microsoft has incorporated a new feature in the latest build (7057) of Windows 7 which supports the end user to change the logon screen background without using any hacks or third-party tools. Follow the procedure below to change the Windows 7 LogOn screen.
How to change Windows xp/Windows7/Vista Logon Screen without using any software :
1. Edit your registry……
a) Go to run , type regedit and hit enter.
b) Go to
(if there is not such a value or any values of them is absent, create that value)
** For xp users, you have to create last 3/2 (depending on your OS version) values if you want to change logon screen.
c) Come to right pane and modify OEMBackground by right mouse click.
**If you don’t find (xp/7 user) the OEMBackgroun in right pane, create a DWORD VALUE by right mouse click on Background which is in the right pane.
d) New window will come in which value data is 0. Then change the value data to 1 and hit ok.
*****Or, you can copy these following text to make a notepad (.txt) file. Then save it as a .reg file and just double click on it, the registry will be edited.
(Ex: ChangeLogonInWindows 7.reg)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2. Now, head over to the following folder:
C:WindowsSystem32oobe (“C” is your Windows Seven Installation drive)
3. Here, create a new folder named Info. Again, create a new folder inside the Info folder and rename it as backgrounds.
4. Copy your favorite image file to this folder and rename it as backgroundDefault. Note that the image must be in JPG format and the size should be less than 256 KB.
5. You are done. Reboot your system and see the change.
The following files (sorted by width-to-height ratio) are supported in C:WindowsSystem32oobeInfoBackgrounds folder:
* background768×1280.jpg (0.6)
* background900×1440.jpg (0.625)
* background960×1280.jpg (0.75)
* background1024×1280.jpg (0.8)
* background1280×1024.jpg (1.25)
* background1024×768.jpg (1.33-)
* background1280×960.jpg (1.33-)
* background1600×1200.jpg (1.33-)
* background1440×900.jpg (1.6)
* background1920×1200.jpg (1.6)
* background1280×768.jpg (1.66-)
* background1360×768.jpg (1.770833-)
Let us know if it worked.