How to Easily Clear Recent Documents History in Ubuntu and Ubuntu Derivatives
When you browse any file(s) , folder(s) or program(s), every operating system try to remember that and makes a clear report on your computer file browsing history. So you may need to clear that data to protect you privacy. For windows, I have already described how to delete your all file browsing history from windows XP, Vista and 7. But also for ubuntu Linux or ubuntu based derivatives users, I have made a very clear and easy way to cleanup your PC browsing history. Remember this tutorial will also applied for all Linux OS(s) which are based on Ubuntu. For example, Linux Mint, Back Track etc. all are Ubuntu derivatives.
Way to Delete Recent Documents Records on Ubuntu :
1. At “Custom menu bar“, go to “Places” > “Recent Documents” > “Clear recent Documents”.
If you are using mint menu, this can be done with following way on screenshot.
What to do if you don’t get the “Places link“?
By default, “Places” link can be found on Ubuntu at Task/Panel bar’s “Custom menu bar”. If you are not using ubuntu, you may manually need to add “Custom menu bar” to panel. I have already described how to add any application shortcut to Ubuntu panel.
Feel free to leave comment if you have any problem regarding to this.
Author: Jaber Al Nahian
Jaber is a tech enthusiast, geek and web worm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is the founder and Chief-Editor of TechGainer. While he is away from his keyboard, either he's fishing or messing with wildlife. In case, you can contact him at rijans[at]techgainer[dot]com.
Did you Know?It has been recommended by dentists that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (two meters) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush!
We are Social
- Easily Edit APK Files, Change Icon, Name and Version – with “APK Icon Editor” for Windows
- How to Disable Internet Download Manager Automatic Update Check
- Get Notification on Phone When Particular Facebook Friends Come Online
- Stop Facebook from Notifying Others when You are Friends with Someone
- How to Easily Change or Fake Your Android Device Model and Brand Name
- Mac OS X Yosemite Theme Pack for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
- Save Web Pages as PDF in Chrome, Firefox and Other Browsers
- [Working] Import Facebook Contacts to Google, Gmail, CSV File, Twitter, Linkedin or any Other Service
- How to Stop Viber from Sending your “Seen” Status while Chatting
- Prevent GoogleCrashHandler.exe Process from Running in Background on Windows
Recent Posts :
- Automatically Backup APK Files while Installing Apps from Play Store
- WhatsApp Message ‘Sent’, ‘Delivered’ and ‘Read’ Status Identification using Indicators and Tick Marks
- Find Out the Sleeping Schedule of Someone using “Sleeping Time”
- How to Find the IMEI Number of a Lost or Stolen Android Phone
- 10+ Proven Tips to Make Google Chrome Super Fast on Desktop
- How to Use Pushbullet in Ubuntu and Linux Mint using Pushbullet Indicator
- How to Disable or Change Ubuntu Startup Sound at Login Screen