How to Change Google Chrome’s Default Download Location
Every web browser has its own default download location which it uses to save downloaded files from the internet unless you change the location. However if you don’t like it’s default download location and move the location to elsewhere then you can do it because like other browsers Google chrome gives it’s users the ability to change the save location for downloaded files.
The default download location of chrome can vary form OS to OS. For example,
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Downloads
Windows Vista or 7: \Users\<username>\Downloads
Now to change the download location,
1. Click the “wrench” icon(located at the top right corner) on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux).
3. Click the Under the Hood tab and scroll down to the “Downloads” section.
4. To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved. If you’d rather choose a specific location for each download, select the “Ask where to save each file before downloading” checkbox.
Author: Jaber Al Nahian
Jaber is a tech enthusiast, geek and web worm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is the founder and Chief-Editor of TechGainer. While he is away from his keyboard, either he's fishing or messing with wildlife. In case, you can contact him at rijans[at]techgainer[dot]com.
Did you Know?Honeybees never sleep.
We are Social
- Easily Edit APK Files, Change Icon, Name and Version – with “APK Icon Editor” for Windows
- How to Disable Internet Download Manager Automatic Update Check
- Get Notification on Phone When Particular Facebook Friends Come Online
- Stop Facebook from Notifying Others when You are Friends with Someone
- How to Easily Change or Fake Your Android Device Model and Brand Name
- Mac OS X Yosemite Theme Pack for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
- Save Web Pages as PDF in Chrome, Firefox and Other Browsers
- [Working] Import Facebook Contacts to Google, Gmail, CSV File, Twitter, Linkedin or any Other Service
- How to Stop Viber from Sending your “Seen” Status while Chatting
- Prevent GoogleCrashHandler.exe Process from Running in Background on Windows
Recent Posts :
- Automatically Backup APK Files while Installing Apps from Play Store
- WhatsApp Message ‘Sent’, ‘Delivered’ and ‘Read’ Status Identification using Indicators and Tick Marks
- Find Out the Sleeping Schedule of Someone using “Sleeping Time”
- How to Find the IMEI Number of a Lost or Stolen Android Phone
- 10+ Proven Tips to Make Google Chrome Super Fast on Desktop
- How to Use Pushbullet in Ubuntu and Linux Mint using Pushbullet Indicator
- How to Disable or Change Ubuntu Startup Sound at Login Screen