How to Add Skype Chat With Pidgin Messenger
By default pidgin don’t have skype protocol support. So without adding skype protocol for pidgin we cannot chat with our skype friends through pidgin. To use skype we need to install skype plugin with pidgin. You can also check how to enable facebook chat with pidgin. Skype plugin for pidgin is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
If you don’t have any idea about pidgin, pidgin is a cross platform free multi protocol instant messaging chatting client with which we chat with our friends over most popular networks(Yahoo, Gtalk, Skype, Facebook, MSN Live, etc) from one place. Only things you need to do is to configure your networks.
Enable Skype Chat with Pidgin
First make sure pidgin is properly installed on your system.
Download skype plugin from here.
Run skype4pidgin-installer.exe or copy libskype.dll to the plugins directory, normally C:\Program Files\Pidgin\plugins.
Run the deb package (deb package is for any Debian based Linux like Ubuntu, Mint, etc)or copy libskype.so to the plugins directory, normally /usr/lib/purple-2/ or ~/.purple/plugins
For Mac OS X
Extract the zip file and double-click SkypePlugin.AdiumPlugin to install it.
After successful installation of the plugin, skype chat should be added to pidgin protocol list.
You can get all pidgin thrid party plugin from here.
Author: Jaber Al Nahian
Jaber is a tech enthusiast, geek and web worm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is the founder and Chief-Editor of TechGainer. While he is away from his keyboard, either he's fishing or messing with wildlife. In case, you can contact him at rijans[at]techgainer[dot]com.
Did you Know?More Americans have died in automobile accidents than have died in all the wars ever fought by the United States.
We are Social
- Easily Edit APK Files, Change Icon, Name and Version – with “APK Icon Editor” for Windows
- How to Disable Internet Download Manager Automatic Update Check
- Get Notification on Phone When Particular Facebook Friends Come Online
- How to Easily Change or Fake Your Android Device Model and Brand Name
- Stop Facebook from Notifying Others when You are Friends with Someone
- Save Web Pages as PDF in Chrome, Firefox and Other Browsers
- Mac OS X Yosemite Theme Pack for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
- [Working] Import Facebook Contacts to Google, Gmail, CSV File, Twitter, Linkedin or any Other Service
- How to Stop Viber from Sending your “Seen” Status while Chatting
- How to Sync Facebook Events to Google Calendar and Android
Recent Posts :
- Automatically Backup APK Files while Installing Apps from Play Store
- WhatsApp Message ‘Sent’, ‘Delivered’ and ‘Read’ Status Identification using Indicators and Tick Marks
- Find Out the Sleeping Schedule of Someone using “Sleeping Time”
- How to Find the IMEI Number of a Lost or Stolen Android Phone
- 10+ Proven Tips to Make Google Chrome Super Fast on Desktop
- How to Use Pushbullet in Ubuntu and Linux Mint using Pushbullet Indicator
- How to Disable or Change Ubuntu Startup Sound at Login Screen