One of the cool features of Facebook Messenger for Android is , “Chat Heads” which allows you to read and send Facebook chat messages without leaving your current screen. It is done by a small floating circle, containing the profile picture of the person you are chatting with.
Though this feature is undoubtedly amazing, there are some reasons for which you want it disabled:
- You may be busy with other works and chat head pop-up just distracts it. You feel disturbed.
- It may be killing your privacy. If you are sharing your phone with others, they are easily getting to know with whom you are chatting on Facebook.
- Android notification bar is just enough for you and you don’t want this feature.
Extra: Easily spy on someone’s online availability on Facebook using your smartphone.
Way to Get Rid of Facebook Chat Heads Pop-up in Android
1. Launch Facebook Messenger app, then go to settings by tapping on “Gear icon“. In the settings page, notice the “Chat Heads” section. Tap on it.
2. Now disable Chat Heads by tapping the switch “Off|on“.
You are done! Chat-heads bubble will no more appear. Though, chat alerts will still be shown up in android notification bar.