Have you ever lost your files by oversight? Do you want to recover the deleted documents? This article will recommend you 5 Free File Recovery Software Programs. First, let us learn some common errors may cause you lost your files: Drive not detected, Card not initialized, Card needs formatting, Drive not formatted etc. If you files is a video, you may need to transfer the video to other formats, this can also cause files lost.
The 5 File Recovery Software Programs is totally free. However, everything has its pros and cons, so you need to try to get the best one.
The Recuva is a free file recovery program that developed by Piriform, and runs under Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP. Recuva is extremely easy to locate files that were once thought to be lost forever. It can help you recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player etc.
- Recuva can find your files on the formatted drive.
- It can recover email files after you emptied the email trash.
- It also allows you to permanently erase any traces of deleted files Take.
- It brings lost files on your computer, camera, USB drive, or MP3 player.
- Recuva help you recover the lost documents, such as Microsoft Word crash or forget to save.
The FreeUndelete is a freeware data recovery program for restoring deleted files. It is mainly recover files that removed from Windows Recycle Bin. It is easy to use, simply selects a drive→thoroughly scanning the disk→presses a button and the program locates files that can be undeleted.
- Supported file systems:NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
- Operating systemssupported: WinXP, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, Windows2003
- The process of data restoration is fully automatic and does not require any special knowledge
- Supports set various filters on file name, extension or location for convinient browsing of scan results.
Restoration is an easy to use and straight forward tool to undelete files that were removed from the recycle bin or directly deleted from within Windows.
- Fast scan and recovery speeds
- Restoration can recover files from hard drives, memory cards, USB drives etc.
- Easy to specify the source drive for recovery and click the Search Deleted Files button.
- Special installation process(simply click the .exe file, and the program pops up)
- No complicated file recovery procedures, but easy to understand program window.
- Restoration supports Windows Vista, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, and 95(now Windows Vista).
#4: Glary Undelete
Glary Undelete is a free file undelete solution for FAT and NTFS file systems that supports recover files emptied from the Recycle Bin, in a Dos. window, Windows Explorer and even recover files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses etc.
- Works under Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista operating systems.
- Supports all Windows file systems for hard and floppy drives FAT12/16/32,NTFS/NTFS5
- Recover image from Compact Flash, SmartMedia, MultiMedia and Secure Digital cards etc.
- Search for all the deleted files/folders on our hard disks.
- Filter by file name, file date, size, recovery state Easy “Folders” view, a Windows Explorer-style view of recoverable files.
Tips : Installation is required before you can use it and it asks you to install a toolbar.
#5: Recover Files
The freeware tool-Recover Files is a professional file recovery software that allows to recover accidentally deleted files, files removed from the Recycle Bin, portabledrives, in a DOS window, network drive, compact flash card, or from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down etc.
- Recover all files located on hard drives, external drives, memory cards, ZIP drives etc.
- Undelete files in Windows Vista, XP, Server 2003, 2000, NT, ME, 98, and 95.
- Flexible, powerful, informative and intuitive interface and easy to use.
- A Concise manual explains those details casual users might need brushing up on.