If you are using an Android phone or tablet, it’s easy to watch YouTube videos using YouTube app for android or from web browser. But in some cases you may need to have videos available offline when you don’t have data connection or out of Wi-Fi range! Or even having good data connection, you may want to save your favorite videos on your phone storage! You have that right! Rather it’s much easier to watch if videos are stored on storage. It makes access them faster.
I have seen many apps to download YouTube videos on Android phone. Among them, the app I mostly liked is TubeMate. You can’t find it in Google Play Store as Google will not permit such apps. You just simply hit m.tubemate.net to download this app.
Using TubeMate to Download YouTube Videos to Android Phone
1. First, you have to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources(If you already have this enabled, go to second step). To enable this, Tap Settings > Security > Unknown sources. Tap Ok to the warning.
2. Now visit m.tubemate.net from your android or PC and download Tubemate.apk file from any provided source there. If you are having any problem to download from there, download it from techspot. Install it on phone. Open it!
3. Click on the “Search” icon on the top. Then search for the video you want to download by typing.
4. Now from the search results, click on the video you want to download. After getting that video’s page, click on the “Download” icon on the top.
5. Now you will be given options of which resolution you want to download. You can download audio or mp3 from that YouTube video too! Choose the type of media and click on “Download” as shown below. The video will start to download.
You can use the yellow “Slider” in the side edge to switch between the “Downloads” and main windows. Happy downloading!