How to Enable or Disable Instant Search in Google Chrome
“Chrome instant search” is a searching feature in Google chrome browser with which chrome will show search result preview as per you type in chrome search/address bar even before you hit enter. It helps to find search results for every approach in your search term. But one of our readers told me that chrome is automatically showing search results as he type anything in chrome search bar and he don’t like it. He asked me how to stop it.
Above screen-shot makes it clear that the chrome browser’s instant search is switched on it’s instantly showing search results for the term “techgainer” before I hit enter. So want to know how to switch off or on it is? It’s as easy as drinking a glass of water!
How to Disable or Enable Chrome Instant Search
1. Click on the Wrench Icon (tools icon) at the top right corner of chrome’s tool bar.
2. Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on Chrome OS).
3. Click the Basics tab.(by default you should be on basics tab)
4. In the “Search” section, use the “Enable Instant for faster searching and browsing” checkbox to enable or disable the Instant feature.
5. You are done!
When Instant Search May not work?
In some cases chrome instant search may not work even after enabling instant search. There are several causer for this issue.
Connection speed: If you’re on a particularly slow Internet connection or network, you won’t see dynamic results since chrome want to make sure that your browsing and search experience is as fast as possible.
Certain searches: Certain types of searches that may be inappropriate will not trigger results to appear automatically.
Incognito windows: Instant is not available in this mode.
Author: Jaber Al Nahian
Jaber is a tech enthusiast, geek and web worm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is the founder and Chief-Editor of TechGainer. While he is away from his keyboard, either he's fishing or messing with wildlife. In case, you can contact him at rijans[at]techgainer[dot]com.
Did you Know?To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs-it will let you go instantly.
We are Social
- Easily Edit APK Files, Change Icon, Name and Version – with “APK Icon Editor” for Windows
- How to Disable Internet Download Manager Automatic Update Check
- Get Notification on Phone When Particular Facebook Friends Come Online
- Stop Facebook from Notifying Others when You are Friends with Someone
- Mac OS X Yosemite Theme Pack for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
- How to Easily Change or Fake Your Android Device Model and Brand Name
- Save Web Pages as PDF in Chrome, Firefox and Other Browsers
- How to Stop Viber from Sending your “Seen” Status while Chatting
- How to Change Box Sync Default Folder Location in Windows or Mac
- [Working] Import Facebook Contacts to Google, Gmail, CSV File, Twitter, Linkedin or any Other Service
Recent Posts :
- Automatically Backup APK Files while Installing Apps from Play Store
- WhatsApp Message ‘Sent’, ‘Delivered’ and ‘Read’ Status Identification using Indicators and Tick Marks
- Find Out the Sleeping Schedule of Someone using “Sleeping Time”
- How to Find the IMEI Number of a Lost or Stolen Android Phone
- 10+ Proven Tips to Make Google Chrome Super Fast on Desktop
- How to Use Pushbullet in Ubuntu and Linux Mint using Pushbullet Indicator
- How to Disable or Change Ubuntu Startup Sound at Login Screen