In one of my previous post, I described “how to see your pending friend requests on Facebook” which was one of the most popular posts. Today I am going to write about a security related thing that every Facebook user should know.
Being a Facebook user we always have headache whether someone is hacking my account or not, or have I become a victim of password theft and more? Because the social network Facebook have become the number one social network where it got the Alexa rank #2. So everybody is using Facebook and the security in it become a major issue. Password theft, hacking, freezing are not uncommon things today on Facebook.
Even in my personal experience was very worst. Many times Facebook team sent me text message on my phone containing something like “Someone have tried to login into your Facebook account, though s/he couldn’t. Please change your password. As a security precaution, you are receiving this message from Facebook team.” How strange! But this is not the end! For many times I was sent to various types of fake Facebook login pages. Fake login page and key logging are the easiest way to get someone’s login information.
So now to make sure how you will know whether anyone is entering into your Facebook account or not? Yes now there is a very easy way to simply get an notification to your email when someone will login into you account from different location or different PC. So you will able to make sure that, your account has been hacked and soon you need to change your password. Now follow the steps how to do it to increase your security.
Get email notification when anyone logins to your Facebook account :
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. From the right top corner, go to Account > Account Settings.
3. You will be sent to your account settings page. Click on “change” link beside Account Security title.
4. Now your account security field will expand and it will look like below (if you didn’t enable the setting).
5. To enable the service, check “on” then click “save”.
6. Now you are done!
7. Every time when you or a hacker will login to your account from a new PC, Facebook will ask to enter computer name and it will be sent to your email account that is associated with your Facebook account.
To check this feature whether it is working or not, try to login to your Facebook account from another browser or from another computer. Then your Facebook will prompted with a window like below asking the you to input computer name.
All of your accounts login information will also saved in account security page. There you will also see the login locations.
I also have another nice post on how a hacker or attacker will try to hack your Facebook account with the method of “Phishing”.
Leave comment if you have any Facebook’s security related question or suggestion.